Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Love Stories

Here’s a selection of 3 tiny love stories that not only made us think, but warmed our hearts and made us smile.

❤ Today, I operated on a little girl. She needed O- blood. We didn’t have any,
but her twin brother has O-blood. I explained to him that it was a matter of
life and death. He sat quietly for a moment, and then said goodbye to his
parents. I didn’t think anything of it until after we took his blood and he asked,
“So when will I die?” He thought he was giving his life for hers. Thankfully,
they’ll both be fine.

❤ Today, my 21 year old Labrador can barely stand up, can’t see, can’t
hear, and doesn’t have enough strength to bark. But it doesn’t stop her from
wagging her tail a mile a minute every single time I walk into the room.

❤ Today, my dad is the best dad I could ask for. He’s a loving husband to
my mom (always making her laugh), he’s been to every one of my soccer
games since I was 5 (I’m 17 now), and he provides for our family as a
construction foreman. This morning when I was searching through my dad’s
toolbox for a pliers, I found a dirty folded up paper at the bottom. It was an
old journal entry in my dad’s handwriting dated exactly one month before
the day I was born. It reads, “I am eighteen years old, an alcoholic who is
failing out of college, a past cutter, and a child abuse victim with a criminal
record of auto theft. And next month, ‘teen father’ will be added to the list.
But I swear I will make things right for my little girl. I will be the dad I
never had.” And I don’t know how he did it, but he did it.

















Signing off, ataatan.

No comments:

Post a Comment